Cambridge Family Enterprise Group and its affiliated entities (the “Company” “we” “us” or “our”) are committed to being responsible custodians of the information you provide us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business. This privacy notice describes how we collect and processes personal information about you, how we use and protect this information, and your rights in relation to this information.
The Company, as a data controller, may collect, use, and share information, particularly in association with the operation of our websites, mobile applications, software, and HTML-formatted emails (collectively, “Digital Services”).
We collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We may also automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Digital Services. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
Personal information that we use
We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us or apply for a job with us), and information we collect about you from other sources such as social media, Digital Services or direct or telephonic communications.
Personal Information that we collect directly from you
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; when you license our software; when you use our Digital Services; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include:
- personal details (e.g. name, gender, age, date of birth, place of birth, civil status, nationality)
- other contact details (such as telephone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- information we collect automatically from you using cookies and other device identifying technologies (“Cookies and Tracking Technologies”)
- employment and education details (for example, the organization you work for, your job title and your education details)
- usage data (such as cookie identifiers, logged data, IP addresses, your browser type and language, your access times, details of how you use our products and services, details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information)
- your postings on any blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications and regarding the products or services that we provide
- mobile device information (such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile device operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, and other diagnostic data)
Information that we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from various sources including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; or identify new customers. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, including, but not limited to, when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable third party or social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
The categories of information that we collect about you from these other sources are:
- personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- transactional information (e.g. information about your queries or comments)
- authentication and identification information (e.g. username and IP address)
- social circumstances (for example, the company you work for)
Links to Other Sites
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- verify your identity when you visit our Digital Services
- provide, maintain, improve and personalize our Digital Services by analyzing information about your recent usage for analytic purposes to understand how people use our Digital Services
- notify you about changes to our Digital Services
- gather analysis or valuable information so we can improve our Digital Services
- provide customer support
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Digital Services when you choose to do so
- monitor the usage of our Digital Services
- detect, prevent and address technical issues
- address your inquiries and requests
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- communicate with you with regard to our products and services
- provide you with product information or promotional and other offers from us or our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and other promotional partners in accordance with your marketing preferences
- conduct customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events
- meet our contractual obligations to you under our terms and conditions of use
- exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law
- To send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal information was provided to us.
Legal basis for the processing
If you are from the European Economic Area, Cambridge Family Enterprise Group must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide you with any products or services you purchase
- because you have given us permission to do so
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to a court order and exercise and/or defend our legal rights
- to meet our legitimate business interests, for example to ensure that we can provide you with our services and/or information on our products. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your own interests and rights.
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law (for example, in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies or when we process sensitive personal information). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
Cambridge Family Enterprise Group will not intentionally collect or maintain, and requests that you do not provide, any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information. If you host any material or information that is sensitive and/or subject to any other law or regulation, such information and compliance with applicable privacy laws remains solely your responsibility. Cambridge Family Enterprise Group is not responsible for any sensitive information stored by you on our systems.
Cambridge Family Enterprise Group will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Cambridge Family Enterprise Group affiliated companies. We work closely with other companies that fall within the Cambridge Family Enterprise Group. For example, for marketing purposes.
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us or jointly with us. For example, we may partner with other companies to optimize our services.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
- For the purposes of collecting your feedback on Cambridge Family Enterprise Group’s service provision, to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote our services.
The recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services). See the section on "International Data Transfer" below for more information.
Information Security and Storage
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all our employees to keep personal information confidential and only authorized personnel have access to this information. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
International Data Transfers
Cambridge Family Enterprise Group is an international organization headquartered in the United States of America. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not your own. We have put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a reasonable time thereafter in case you decide to re-engage Cambridge Family Enterprise Group for future services. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding our products or services
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete as the case may be, any personally-identifiable information that you submit to Cambridge Family Enterprise Group through this Site or through other means. To do so, please contact us using the contact details within this privacy notice.
If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Cambridge Family Enterprise Group will also retain data collected automatically either generated by the use of our Digital Services or from the Digital Services infrastructure itself for internal analysis purposes. This usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Digital Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your rights over your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify erroneous information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- withdraw any consents you have given
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact details within this privacy notice.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
"Do Not Track" signals under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about how our Digital Services are used. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Digital Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us at the following email address: [email protected].
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist you with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulatory authority in the country where you live, work, or where the alleged infringement arose.