SPEAKING AND PRESENTING AROUND THE WORLD
Our team of experts is renowned speakers who deliver engaging and insightful talks on relevant family business topics around the world. We address audiences at a variety of forums, including conferences, education programs and seminars, private family meetings and retreats, board meetings, academic institutions, and online via webinars and podcasts.
Our education sessions are guided by the principle of combining theory and practice. They incorporate the latest conceptual thinking and research with highly pragmatic recommendations and case examples from high-performing family enterprises around the world. They are forward-thinking and globally minded, and make use of innovative teaching methods, exercises, and tools that connect to participants’ own situations. Participants learn the skills, understandings, and practices needed to implement multigenerational strategies, perform effectively in their roles, improve capabilities in their organizations, manage relationships, and plan for long-term success.
Our global team speaks publicly for a variety of audiences, including individual family enterprises, single- and multi-family offices, executive education participants, graduate and undergraduate students, family business clubs and academic centers, private institutions, financial service firms, professional service firms, trade associations, franchise groups, and others. Presentations are always customized for each audience.
Our catalog of speaking topics spans a wide range of issues, challenges, and lessons about family enterprises. Sample topics are shown below. We invite you to contact us to explore additional themes, or modifications to these topics, that would be useful for your audience. Our presentations are always customized for each audience.
Understand our Impact.
Explore how our workshops have helped owners, boards, managers, and families achieve greater levels of success.
Multigenerational Family Enterprise Success
- Long-term family success and sustainability
- Explaining the superior performance of family-owned businesses
- Integrated strategic planning for the multigenerational family enterprise
- Five habits of highly successful business families
- Nepotism and Professionalism: How they co-exist
- Professionalization of the family business
- Fundamental dynamics of the family enterprise
- Lessons from family business dynasties
Leadership and Succession
- Leadership of the family enterprise
- Succession planning for the family enterprise
- Five derailers of effective succession in family companies
- Developing the next generation for tomorrow’s world
- Developing wealth creators
- The Millennial generation in business families
- Entrepreneurship in families
- Planning your life
- Ownership strategies for the 21st century
- Balancing ownership control, liquidity, and growth
- Transformation of family enterprise: A capital and ownership view
- Preparing for external investors
- Estate planning and trusts
- Ownership succession planning
- Multigenerational wealth strategy
- Raising responsible children in wealth
- Understanding different generations of wealth from an economic cultural perspective
- Wealth management options
- Governance of the family enterprise: corporate governance, ownership governance, family governance, family office governance, philanthropic foundation governance
- Family Office essentials
- How to transform a family office into a multigenerational entity
Family and Owner Unity
- Conflict resolution and communication techniques for the family enterprise
- Shareholder relationships and roles
- Working with relatives
- Resilience during times of crisis in the family and enterprise
- Integrating in-laws (spouses) into families of wealth
- What philanthropy can and cannot do in fostering family cohesion
- Globalization is the New Normal: How family companies successfully internationalize
- Global forces and the future of family companies
- Role of ethnic culture alongside economic culture in global family enterprises
Disruptive Global Forces
- How disruptive global forces are impacting family companies
Selling the Family Business
- The art of selling the family business
- Challenges and opportunities facing post-liquidity families
To inquire about a speaking opportunity and discuss how Cambridge Institute for Family Enterprise speakers can contribute to the success of your program, please contact us. Videos of some of our speakers are available in our video library.