CAMBRIDGE ADVISORS TO FAMILY ENTERPRISE is the advisory division of the Cambridge Family Enterprise Group. It is a highly specialized, international advisory firm serving family enterprises. It is devoted to helping enterprising families achieve multigenerational success for their families, enterprises and financial wealth. Founded in 1989 by Professor John A. Davis, Cambridge Advisors is the premier, global advisory firm in its field.
A cornerstone of our work is helping to solve problems, develop talent and unlock opportunity for family enterprise systems in an integrated fashion across family, business, ownership and wealth issues. We deeply understand, quickly assess, and diplomatically facilitate conversations and processes to offer pragmatic counsel around the needs and goals of the family enterprises we serve. Our expertise is based on our deep understanding of the complexities of family enterprises from our work with many of the leading families and family enterprises in the world for more than 30 years.
Cambridge Advisors provides integrated advisory services that transform families and owners into more capable, better organized and more united groups while supporting their enterprises, companies, management teams, boards, family offices, and financial wealth to grow and prosper over generations. We advise families through a number of methods which are customized for each client. These may include diagnostic assessments, developing and implementing strategies, designing structures, processes and plans, facilitating discussions and difficult conversations, educating, and benchmarking as we help:
- Families and their enterprises develop strategies to achieve long-term goals and multigenerational sustainability.
- Families and ownership groups come together around a sincere agreement about their shared mission, purpose, vision, values, and legacy as a family.
- Owners, executive leadership, and boards strengthen the organizational effectiveness and profitable growth of their businesses.
- Families develop talent in the family, in the next generation, in the ownership group, on the board, and among non-family contributors.
- Build cohesive teams, whether in the family, on the board, in management, in the ownership group, or between and within generations.
- Design and plan for ownership to be structured and passed strategically.
- Family offices serve the family strategically and effectively, and help build the financial wealth of a family to prosper for multiple generations.
- The entire family enterprise system transition between generations in a timely, respectful, and forward-moving manner.
We invite you to learn more about our advisory services in the following six areas:
Family Strategy – Assists the family to determine and implement its mission, vision and values; strengthen its relationships, talent and governance; and build the resources and plans needed to achieve multigenerational sustainability. Learn More →
Ownership Strategy – Support the owners to design and implement an effective ownership model and structure, ownership governance forum, talented ownership group, inheritance plan, and financial strategy that supports the organization, strengthens the overall system, and successfully transfers ownership to the next generation. Learn More →
Business Strategy – Advises the owners, board and management team to determine and implement the company’s mission, vision and key strategies; execute organizational changes to achieve profitable business growth; achieve generational transitions in leadership; and strengthen the company and its governance and management to achieve long-term sustainability. Learn More →
Individual Development – Assesses and coaches individual family members to develop their plans for achieving their personal, professional and life goals. Our services include career development and leadership development advice to individuals and organizations, executive coaching, customized preparation programs for future roles, and team building activities. Learn More →
Family Office Strategy – Assists the family to design, setup and strengthen their family office and determine its appropriate role in the system, including implementing effective governance, management, operational efficiency, client service and multigenerational strategies for the family office. Learn More →
Wealth Strategy – Helps the family and family office assess the entire family enterprise system and achieve an effective diversification strategy, portfolio allocation, and other practices, in order to use and prudently grow financial wealth over generations Learn More →