A webinar for families to learn how to enhance and adapt their giving strategy for today’s rapidly changing world
Philanthropy is an important and highly rewarding way for families to make a difference. Like the world around us today, philanthropy itself is changing and transforming, and philanthropic families are seeking new ways to ensure that their giving is meaningful and impactful.
Join Professor Peter Vogel for an engaging 1-hour session to explore the findings of his recent study and forthcoming book, The Family Philanthropy Navigator, about how philanthropic families can effectively navigate the complex world of giving and design their own philanthropic journey.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of the complexity of philanthropy today
- Explore three essential ingredients for impactful giving: (i) the core aspects of their Purpose of giving, (ii) the relationships they need in order to activate giving, and (iii) the best organizational setup for effective and efficient giving
- Learn the 32 trade-offs to consider when designing their own philanthropic journey
- Discover ways to elevate their philanthropic strategy—whether to change direction or get started
This webinar is best suited for:
- Individuals and families who are philanthropically active or would like to be philanthropically active
- Members of enterprising families
- Family and non-family employees in Family Offices
- Philanthropy advisors and experts
Peter Vogel is Professor of Family Business and Entrepreneurship and holder of the Debiopharm Chair for Family Philanthropy at IMD Business School in Lausanne, Switzerland. He is also the Director of IMD’s Global Family Business Center. Peter works with families, owners, board members and executive teams of family enterprises and family offices globally. The focus of his work is around governance, change, strategy and organizational renewal, succession planning, board and leadership development and entrepreneurialism. Peter has published in academic journals, has written books and is frequently referenced by leading newspapers and other media outlets (e.g., HBR, CNN, FT) around the world and he is a sought-after keynote speaker at global conferences (e.g., TEDx, Global Economic Symposium). Peter is the founder and non-executive Chairman of the Delta Venture Partners AG and is an Associate Partner of the Cambridge Family Enterprise Group (CFEG).